2013 Douglas County PUD Recreation Improvements & Action Plan
SERVICES: Civil Engineering / Land Surveying / Planning | LOCATION: Douglas County | CLIENT SECTORS: Dams & PUDs
As the lead for $4.5 million in public parks improvement within the cities of Brewster, Bridgeport, and Pateros, our work included enhancements to parking areas, trails, and boat launch facilities.
In addition, the project included the design and permitting of a new boat launch facility downstream from Wells Dam. The boat launch was made possible via in-water dredging, which provided a navigation channel from the launch area to the main stream of the Columbia River. We also designed a new parking area and road access to the site. The new interpretive center will be the hallmark of the improvements at Wells Dam.
These improvements were associated with the relicensing of Wells Dam. Improvements consisted of the following:
- Upland facility upgrades and boat launch modifications
- Stormwater treatment modifications and dock replacement
- Repairs to existing park amenities
- Survey control and right-of-way boundary determination
- Corridor topographic survey, surfacing, modeling/mapping
- Bathymetric mapping and sedimentation mapping
- Acquisition boundary description/exhibit map preparation
- Construction staking